Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet Sisters :)

I will be the first one to say when we went to our ultrasounds to find out the sex I was nervous!  I always want a healthy baby above anything, but I also was having really mixed feelings about the thought of having another girl.  I see so many different types of sister relationships the good, the bad, and the down right ugly.  I grew up with two older brothers and my Mom grew up with three older brothers so I would tell people I don't know how to do this sister thing, the drama, the fights over stealing someones shirt or shoes, the I am mad at you one second and now we are best friends saga that seems to go on between sisters.  I also am very close to my Mom and I love the idea that Lanie and I will get to share that, but I wasn't sure how that would work if I had to do that with both my girls, so when we had our reveal party and the icing on the inside was pink I had a small freak out inside.  As their mother I still have no idea how to deal with all the things that will be coming my way in the coming years, but as I see my GIRLS it warms my heart to know that no matter what they will have a best friend for life.  I am not a super emotional person, but a couple mornings ago after I had laid Zoe back down after her early morning bottle and Lanie was getting up for the morning my big girl came running to me with arms open ready for a big morning hug and almost immediately she asked "where my baby sister" she is so excited to be a big sister :) With them only being 2 years and 3 months apart it is going to be super fun to see all the adventures they are going to have along the way and the best part is they will get to share them with their sister (and hopefully a couple with their Mom!)



No comments:

Post a Comment